Polish supercomputers are among the most powerful in the world. In Poland there are 6 data centers and their hearts are supercomputers. All the centers are extremely important for Polish science, education and business.
Four of them were developed with assistance of Comtegra:
- Academic Computer Centre Cyfronet in Cracow – supercomputer Prometheus,
- Supercomputing and Networking Center in Poznan – supercomputer Eagle,
- Technology Center ICM in Warsaw – supercomputer Okeanos,
- Centre for Networking and Supercomputing in Wroclaw – supercomputer Bem,
The other two centers are:
- The National Center for Nuclear Research in Otwock near Warsaw (including the supercomputer at the Center for Information Technology Spruce),
- Center for Information Technology Tri-City Computer Network in Gdansk – Triton supercomputer.
The most recent project is the installation developed for Competence Center ‘Ocean’ to the needs of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling (University of Warsaw).